Monday 12 May 2014

'Riding an Elephant through the Dreamscape' by Daniel Grant Newton

Hey friend,

Here is a picture I drew in Haiti (and mentioned in a previous blog post), but have now coloured in.  

I have kept the dream feel by mixing semi-realistic with representational, using a vivid yet unusual palette, and creating a fuzzy, surreal, fun energy about it.  

Last night I had a lucid dream which inspired me to go back to this piece and finish it.  

I will be selling a limited number prints of this through a few select vendors, as well as potentially the DGN Productions website we are launching.  Making it available online is really up to the response from my online friends - YOU!

Daniel

P.S. Remember, if you like this art piece, and would like to receive more fantastical art and stories, put your email in the box at the top of the page.
'Riding an Elephant through the Dreamscape' by Daniel Grant Newton

2 comments:

  1. Loving this dream scape - it's a place I wouldn't mind visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anabel. Lovely to get a comment from you! Well, perhaps you can go to this dream land if you were to lucid dream. Or find a magic cupboard in your bedroom. Just saying, might be possible. :-)

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!