Wednesday 5 September 2012

Being Your Own Biggest Fan and Writing Your Own Reviews

Next entry will continue my web story (Don't Shoot the Messenger) that I hope you have been enjoying... but in the meantime I thought I would bring your attention to this very embarrassing mistake by a fellow author.

RJ Ellory (a prize winning author) got caught writing his own glowing reviews - ouch!  All authors know that getting reviews and referrals is the lifeblood of making a living from being an author (hint hint), and every author dreams of writing books for a living, so I understand the temptation... but seriously!!!


And worse still, he bagged other writers... that is unacceptable.  Saying you genuinely didn't like a book is fine, especially if you are polite and give good feedback for improvement.  


But trying to 'destroy' the blood, sweat and pen ink of another, crush their dream that you share, is akin to leading your siblings into the grasp of the White Witch, or telling random three year olds at the mall that Santa doesn't exist.


Santa of course does exist.  He simply lives in such freezing conditions that he cannot be detected by radars, and uses a memory manipulating device on your parents.


Anyway, you can read the article here:


http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/8526763/author-caught-giving-own-books-glowing-reviews


P.S. I would never write my own reviews.  In saying that here is some feed back from readers about my newest story Don't Shoot the Messenger:



  • "Most intelligent piece I have ever read!" - Albert Einstein
  • ‎"Best work of fiction ever ... wish I wrote it!" - William Shakespeare
  • ‎"Good read on a rainy day." - Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!